Mobile Crane Practical Examiner
A Mobile Crane Practical Examiner is an individual certified in accordance with the NCCER Mobile Crane Operator Certification Program to deliver mobile crane operator practical examinations. Certified Mobile Crane Operator Examiners must be affiliated with an NCCER Mobile Crane Endorsed Accredited Assessment Center.
Each of the following requirements must be met in order to become an NCCER certified Mobile Crane Practical Examiner:
- Have approval of an NCCER Accredited Assessment Center
- Have at least four years of documented mobile crane-related experience or appropriate mobile crane-related training/education, verified by NCCER
- Submit Practical Examiner Qualifications via the new Registry system for verification and approval
- Successfully pass either the NCCER Telescopic Boom Crane or Lattice Boom Crane assessment, prior to being approved to attend Mobile Crane Practical Examiner training
- Successfully complete the Mobile Crane Practical Examiner Training Program
- Have current NCCER Master Trainer, Craft Instructor or Performance Evaluator certification or successfully complete the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) or Performance Evaluator Training
Training topics include:
- Requirements, responsibilities and liabilities of the Mobile Crane Operator Certification Program
- Confidentiality requirements of the program
- Matching assessments to the appropriate practical examinations
- Application of practical exam procedures
- Setup and administration of ALL Mobile Crane Practical Examinations
- Required paperwork
- Policies and procedures of the program
Please see our myNCCER page for more information.
The registration process is part of the Registry system and will be made available/notified to the candidate upon approval of their qualifications and meeting of prerequisite assessments.